Treat your beloved ones this Valentine’s Day with a cake that brings love to life! Check out our easy recipe for a love-themed Valentine’s cake, using our covering paste to make cute hearts. Enjoy every bite filled with love and see how simple it is to bake love with FunCakes!
What you need to make your heart cake:
- 150 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe
- 200 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- 500 g FunCakes Covering Paste White
- FunCakes Food Colour Gel Old Pink
- FunCakes Food Colour Gel Pink
- FunCakes Flavour Paste Lemon Meringue
- FunCakes Sprinkle Medley Beloved
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 215 ml water
- 3 eggs (approx. 150 g)
- Wilton Extra Deep Round Baking Pan Ø 15 x 10 cm
- Wilton Cake Leveler 25cm
- Wilton Cooling Grid 40x25cm
- Wilton Wide Glide Rolling Pin 50cm
- Wilton Wide Glide Rolling Pin with Rings
- Wilton Decorating Tip #4B
- 4x Wilton Decorating Tip #032
- 4x Wilton Standard Adaptor
- PME Heart Cookie Cutter Set/3
Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection oven 160°C) and grease the baking pan with the FunCakes Bake Release Spray.
Prepare 150 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe as indicated on the package. Spoon this into the baking pan and bake the cake for about 30-35 minutes. Let the cake cool down by using a cooling grid. Using the cake leveler, cut the cake 2x.
Prepare 200 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream as indicated on the package and flavour with the FunCakes Flavour Paste.
Fill and spread the cake all around with buttercream and leave to set in the fridge.
Divide the rest of the buttercream into 5 portions and colour it with the FunCakes Food Color Gels. For darker colours add a little more Food Colour Gel. Put all the coloured creams in a decorating bag with adaptor and decorating tip #032 and #4B.
Knead the FunCakes Covering Paste well and roll it out to a thickness of 1 ½ to 2 mm and line the cake with it. Colour the rest of the Covering Paste in various shades with the Food Color Gels. Roll it out thinly and cut out different sizes of hearts. Let it air dry.
Swirl the different colours of buttercream as you see fit on the cake. Sprinkle some of the medley on top and further decorate the cake with the sugar paste hearts which you stick right into the cream.