Valentines pink heart cake
The way through your loved one’s heart is by making good cake. Why don’t you try making this pink sugar paste heart cake for Valentine’s Day? Make it in the shape of a heart and cover the cake with the supporting colours of the Sugar Paste Colour of the Year 2023.
What you need to make your valentines pink heart cake:
- 350 g FunCakes Sugar Paste Old Rose
- 150 g FunCakes Sugar Paste Red Earth
- 150 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe
- 125 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- FunCakes Candy Choco Pearls Large Bordeaux
- FunCakes Sparkle Dust Ruby
- FunCakes Metallic Food Paint Dark Gold
- FunCakes Flavour Paste Cherry
- FunCakes Edible Glue
- FunCakes Food Colour Gel Red Earth
- 150 g soft unsalted butter
- 140 ml water
- 2,5 eggs (approx. 125 g)
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray
- FunCakes Decoration Bags 41 cm
- Wilton Nozzle #1M Open Star
- Wilton Rolling Pin 50 cm
- Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick Cooling Grid - 40x25cm
- Wilton Cake Leveler 25cm
- Wilton Comfort Grip Spatula Angled 22,5 cm
- PME Heart Cookie Cutter Set/6
- PME Fun Fonts Alphabet Small - Collection 1
- PME Deep Heart Cake Pan 15 x 7,5cm
- Katy Sue Mould Cake System Rope Border
- Dekofee Profi Brush 1
Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection oven 160°C) grease the baking pan with baking spray.
Prepare 150 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe as indicated on the packaging. Spoon the batter into the baking pan and bake the sponge cake for about 30-35 minutes until done. After baking, immediately dump onto a cooling grid and leave to cool.
Prepare 125 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream as indicated on the packaging. Flavour the buttercream with the flavouring paste.
Cut the sponge cake with the cake saw twice and fill and spread thinly with buttercream all around. Let the cake set in the fridge. Colour the rest of the buttercream with the Red Earth colour gel and put it in a decorating bag with nozzle #1M.
Knead the Old Rose sugar paste well and roll it out to a thickness of about 2-3 mm and line the cake with it. Make a decorative border from the Red Earth sugar paste using the largest size of string from the mould and stick this along the bottom edge of the cake with some edible glue.
Roll out a piece of Red Earth sugar paste and use this to cut out a heart (size of your choice) and use the fun fonts to press a text into it. Use the brush and gold paint to colour in the letters. Stick this heart onto the cake with some edible glue.
Pipe small tufts of buttercream along the top edge of the cake. Put some bordeaux pearls in a plastic bag, add some ruby dust powder and shake. Place the pearls on a tuft of cream.