Party, birthday or just something tasty for coffee o’clock? This delicious biscuit fondant cake is a simple, yet very tasty cake for every occasion!
- 200 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake
- 125 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- FunCakes Edible Glue
- FunCakes Flavour Paste -Strawberry-
- 400 g FunCakes Fondant -Pretty Pink-
- 50 g FunCakes Fondant -Bright White-
- 3 eggs (approx. 150 g)
- 145 ml water
- 250 g butter
- FunCakes Icing Sugar
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray
- FunCakes Cake Board Round Ø15cm
- Wilton Ultimate Cake Leveler
- Wilton -Wide Glide- Rolling Pin 50cm
- Wilton Fondant Smoother
- Wilton Chrome-Plated Cooling Grid
- Wilton Decorator Preferred® Deep Round Pan Ø 15x7,5cm
- PME Daisy Marguerite Plunger Cutter set/4
Preheat oven to 175°C (convection oven 160°C).
Prepare 200 grams of FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake as described on the package. Grease the baking pan using Bake Release Spray and pour the batter into the baking pan. Bake the cake in 25-30 minutes. The cake is ready when it feels springy to the touch. Release the cake immediately after baking and let it cool down on a cooling grid.
Place the cake upside down on the cake board. Cut the sponge cake twice with the cake leveller. Prepare 125 grams of FunCakes Mix for Buttercream as described on the package and add 1 tablespoon of strawberry flavour.
Cover the first layer with cream, place the second layer on top and cover this also with the buttercream. Place the last layer on top and apply a layer of buttercream to cover the whole cake.
Knead 400 grams of pink fondant well and keep 25 grams separately. Cover your work board with some icing sugar and roll the fondant out. Make sure that there will be no sugar on the top of the fondant. Turn the slice a quarter, after rolling three times, so it won’t stick. When the slice is large enough and nicely thick, cover the cake with the fondant and push it gently. Make the dondant nice and smooth using a smoother. Cut off the remaining fondant.
Knead 50 gram of white fondant and roll it out on some sugar. Cut out the flowers in different sizes. Stack them for a nice effect. If desired, make small balls of fondant for the centres of the flowers. Place the flowers with a bit of glue on the cake.