Calculate the ingredients for your baking pan
No more complicated calculations to determine the right quantities for your baking pan. In our calculator you can easily choose your baking mix and the shape and size of your baking pan. The calculator does the rest! This way you are always sure of the right amount of batter. Zero waste and no cakes that are too flat.
The calculator also tells you how many portions you get from your chosen size baking pan. Comes in handy if you have the whole family visiting.
Because there should always be enough cake, right?
How to use the calculator?
- First choose your FunCakes Baking Mix from the dropdown menu.
- Then pick the shape of your baking pan and fill in the correct measurements.
- The calculator does the rest.
- You can also find the calculator on every product page of the specific baking mix. There you will also find the preparation method & recipe inspiration.
- Below you’ll find some extra information to help you bake that perfect cake.
1 egg = 50 gram
The calculator indicates eggs in grams, because this way we can give you a very precise indication of the amount of eggs you need. In order to calculate how many single eggs you need, keep in mind that a medium sized egg is 50 grams.
Tip! To add the exact amount of grams of egg, first beat the eggs in a measuring cup. Place your bowl on the scale and pour the beaten eggs into the bowl until the scale shows the correct amount.
No baking time indication?
We have set baking times for many sizes of baking pans and we are working hard to add even more sizes. Unfortunately, the calculator cannot indicate a baking time for every specific baking pan. That’s why you may receive the message ‘no baking time indication’ for your size baking pan. In that case, the calculator does give a list of baking pans and corresponding baking times we do know. Based on that list you can estimate your baking time. If your baking pan is smaller, subtract 5-10 minutes, if it is larger, add that. And be sure to follow these tips:
- Baking times are always very dependent on the oven, so all baking times we give are estimates. Get to know your oven so that you know whether you should stick to the lower or upper limit of our indication.
- Always preheat your oven!
- Keep a close eye on your cake for the last 10 minutes of baking time and remove it from the oven as soon as it gets too dark. Also when the specified baking time has not yet expired.
- Insert a skewer into your cake to check if it is cooked nicely inside. Does the skewer stay clean? Then your cake is done.
Just these last things
You want to get started, don’t you? We get that. Two last things:
- Always make sure your ingredients are at room temperature.
- Do you want to know the amount of batter for individual cupcakes, cookies, macarons or waffles? Our calculator only calculates quantities based on a size baking pan. For all baking mixes resulting in individual pieces, the proportions for a standard number are indicated on the packaging or the product page. You can easily halve or double those to get to your desired number. You will however find the Mix for Cupcakes in the calculator too. That’s because you can perfectly bake a regular cake with this mix too!
Miss the quantity tables?
Do you prefer to use the quantity tables which we displayed here before? Then click on the button below. Please note though that the calculator above is much more accurate and calculated precisely to your specific baking pan.