Christmas Cake Bowl
The Red Velvet Cake bursts out of this Christmas Cake Bowl and the christmas wreath of green and white buttercream gives it its festive feeling. Perfect with a good old Christmas movie or as the dessert to your Christmas dinner.
What you need to make your christmas cake bowl:
- 330 g FunCakes Mix for Red Velvet Cake
- 200 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- FunCakes Flavour Paste Mascarpone Cream
- FunColours Gel Leaf Green
- FunColours Metallic Spray Bronze
- FunCakes Pearl Choco Balls Gold
- FunCakes Sprinkle Medley - Gold Deluxe
- 70 g egg white
- 310 g soft unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 65 ml (55 g) vegetable oil
- 390 ml water
- Red fruit of your choice, for example: blackberries, blueberries and raspberries.
- Christmas cookies and macarons for decoration
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray
- FunCakes decorating bags 41 cm
- Wilton rolling pin 50cm
- Wilton decorating tip #1A
- Wilton decorating tip #1M
- Wilton cake leveler 25cm
- Wilton Decorator Preferred® Deep round baking pan Ø 20x7,5cm
- Wilton parchment paper
- Wilton cooling grid
- Round cutter in the size of your bowl, approx. Ø10 cm
- Cling film
- 4-6 bowls
Preheat the oven to 175 ° C (convection oven 160 ° C).
Prepare the 330 g FunCakes Mix for Red Velvet Cake and the 200 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream as indicated on the packaging.
Looking for a stress-free Christmas? Prepare the Red Velvet Cake and Buttercream in advance and save it in your freezer! Read more about this here.
Add the red velvet batter into a greased baking pan and bake the cake for 30-35 minutes. Then let it cool down completely on a cooling grid.
Add the mascarpone flavour paste to the buttercream and divide into two portions. Colour one portion dark green with the FunColours Gel.
Cut the red velvet cake into slices with the cake leveler and cut out round slices the size of your bowls using the cutter. Place the round slices on the bottom of the bowls and cut the remaining cake into cubes.
Place a sheet of plastic foil on the kitchen counter and add the green and white buttercream on top in long strips. Roll it lengthwise and cut open the plastic wrap on one short side. Place the roll in a decorating bag with tip # 1M.
Spray the buttercream along the side of half of the bowl with a circular movement. Fill the other half with red velvet cake cubes. Or as a variaton, pipe the buttercream all around the bowl as a kind of Christmas wreath.
Spray the Christmas cookies gold with the Metallic Spray and decorate the cake bowl with the cookies, macarons, a golden chocolate ball and the golden medley. Finally, add the red fruit of your choice.
It’s even more fun when you make the cookies and macarons yourself with our Mix for Cookies or Mix for Gingerbread and the Mix for Macarons. This way you can give them any desired shape and colour! You can even prepare them in advance and keep the cookie dough or the baked macarons in the freezer until you need them for you cake bowl. Read more about freezing and saving your treats here.