How cute are these macaron snails? The perfect child treat. Let’s start right away with your children and create these snails.
- 600 g FunCakes Mix for Macarons
- 125 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- 250 g FunCakes Fondant Lemon
- 250 g FunCakes Fondant Kokos
- FunCakes FunColours Gel Yellow
- FunCakes FunColours Gel Pink
- FunCakes FunColours Gel Bright Green
- FunCakes FunColours Gel Aqua
- FunCakes FunColours Gel Orange
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Dust Black
- FunCakes FunColours Brush Food Pen - Black
- FunCakes Edible Glue
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 140 g egg white (approx. 3 eggs)
- 125 ml water
- FunCakes Decorating Bags
- 2 x Wilton Decorating Tip #1A
- Wilton Decorating Tip #12
- Silikomart Macaron Mat
- JEM Plain Stamen Medium Black
- 4 bowls
Prepare 300 grams of FunCakes Mix for Macarons as indicated on the package and divide the batter into 2 bowls. Colour this with the yellow and pink gels. Put the batter in 2 piping bags and pipe dots on the macaron mat. Allow to air dry for 2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 150°C (convection oven 130°C).
Bake the macarons for 12 – 15 minutes and let them cool on the mat before you take them off.
Clean the mat and the nozzles and prepare the other 300 grams of Funcakes Mix for Macarons as indicated on the package and divide the batter over two bowls. Colour one bowl green and the other aqua. Pipe dots on the macaron mat and let it dry for 2 hours. Bake the macarons for 12 – 15 minutes and let them cool on the mat before you take them off.
Prepare 125 grams of FunCakes Mix for Buttercream as indicated on the package and colour it pink using the pink gel. Put the batter in a piping bag with decorating tip #12 and fill the macarons with buttercream. Let them set in the fridge.
Tip! Safe a little bit of the buttercream for the macarons. You can use the butter cream as glue to stick the macarons on the snail bodies.
Colour the coconut and lemon fondant in parts with the gels. Make the snake bodies. Make sure one side is thicker than the other and push this part a little bit up and let it air dry for an hour.
Cut for the snail feelers the stamen in half and dust them with the black powder. Gently push into the heads. Draw faces on the head with a foodpen. Stick the macarons with some edible glue or some buttercream to the snail bodies.