Flower power macarons
Macarons decorated with flowers are perfect for any occasion. A birthday party, Mother’s day, Easter of just as a treat! Do you want to add even more creativity? Make your own flowers with Royal Icing of Buttercream and make your macarons bloom.
What you need to make your flower power macarons:
- 300 g FunCakes Mix for Macarons Gluten Free
- 125 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- FunCakes Flavour Paste Lemon
- FunCakes Food Colour Gel Purple
- FunCakes Food Colour Gel Pink
- FunCakes Food Colour Gel Bright Green
- FunCakes Sugar Decoration Blossom Mix Pastel Set/32
- FunCakes Sugar Decoration Blossom Mix White/Pink Set 64
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 125 ml water
- 70 g egg white
- FunCakes Decorating Bags
- Wilton Decorating Tip #352 Leaf
- Wilton Decorating Tip #4B Open Star
- Wilton Decorating Tip Round #2A
- Silikomart Macaron Mat
Prepare 300 g FunCakes Mix for Macarons Gluten Free as indicated on the package and colour it purple with the Food Colour Gel. Put this batter in a decorating bag with tip #2A and swirl caps on the macaron mat. Let this air dry for 2 hours. After this, dry the macarons in a preheated oven at 140°C (convection oven 130°C) for about 14-17 minutes. Let them cool on the mat before taking them off.
Prepare 125 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream as indicated on the package, flavour it with the FunCakes Flavour Paste Lemon. Colour a small amount of cream green and colour the rest pink. Put the pink cream in a decorating bag with tip #4B and the green cream in a decorating bag with tip #352.
Using the pink buttercream, swirl caps onto a macaron half and place the top of the macaron on top at a slight angle. Put the macarons in the refrigerator overnight. This will soak the moisture of the cream into the shells and give them the “sticky” bite that comes with a macaron.
After standing in the refrigerator for 24 hours. On the front, push some small sugar flowers into the cream and swirl small leaves between them. Swirl a leaf on top of the macaron and stick a colored sugar flower on this leaf.