It’s all about flowers! These donuts decorated with flowers are a spectacle itself. How beautiful are all the buttercream flowers? We’re all in a spring mood just by looking at it
What you need to make your flower donuts:
- 500 g FunCakes Mix for Donuts
- 200 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- FunCakes Dip 'n Drip White
- FunCakes Food Colour Gel Set/8
- 415 ml water
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 55 g plant based oil
- Fine sugar
- FunCakes Decorating Bags
- Wilton Standard Adaptor/Coupler (multiple)
- Wilton Decorating Tip #104 Petal (multiple)
- Wilton Decorating Tip #002 Round (multiple)
- Wilton Decorating Tip #352 Leaf (multiple)
- Wilton Decorating Tip #018 Open Star (multiple)
- Wilton Decorating Tip #016 Open Star Carded (multiple)
- Wilton Decorating Tip #102 Petal
- Wilton Decorating Tip #012 Round (multiple)
- Wilton Decorating Tip #022 Dropflower
- Wilton Decorating Tip #081 Specialty Tip
- Wilton Flower Stud Set
- Patisse Mini Roll Parchment Paper -25m-
- Patisse Donut & Bagel Cutter Ø9cm
- Frying pan with vegetable oil
Prepare 200 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream with as indicated on the package and divide it into as many portions as you want to make colors for your flowers and leaves. Keep some green buttercream behind to stick the flowers on the donuts.
Make all kinds of flowers like, roses, rosettes, pansies, daisies, apple blossoms, etc. Do you need some extra help? Check out our How to make buttercream flowers blog! We’ll guide you step by step through every flower.
Prepare 500 g FunCakes Mix for Donuts as indicated on the package. Roll out the dough to a thickness of about 5 mm. Cut out donut shapes and let it rest for 25 minutes. Heat the deep fryer to 180°C and fry the donuts golden yellow in approx. 90 seconds per side. After frying, place them in a bowl with fine granulated sugar and let them cool down.
Heat the FunCakes Dip ‘n Drip as indicated on the package and put it in a decorating bag. Cut off a small tip and frost the donuts.
Put the green buttercream in a decorating bag with coupler and tip #352. Swirl leaves onto the donuts and, using a spatula or knife, place the frozen buttercream flowers on top. Fill any holes with leaves.