Deco Melts cake
Make decorating a sport. You can decorate your cake completely with the Deco Melts! A drip here and a drip there in all kinds of different colors. Make not only a cake, but also the cupcakes and the cakesicles to complete your sweet table.
What you need to make your deco melts cake:
- 500 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe
- 400 g FuCakes Mix for Buttercream
- 75 g FunCakes Mix for Enchanted Cream®
- 800 g FunCakes Fondant White
- FunCakes Flavour Paste Lemon Meringue
- FunColours Gel Pink
- FunCakes Deco Melts Pink
- FunCakes Deco Melts Orange
- 500 g unsalted butter
- 450 ml water
- 100 ml milk
- 8 eggs (approx. 400 g)
- Lemon curd
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray
- FunCakes decorating bags
- FunCakes Cake Cards Silver/Gold – Round – 15cm
- Wilton cooling grid
- Wilton Rollin pin 50cm
- Wilton Decorator Preferred® Deep Round baking pan Ø 20x7,5cm
- Wilton Decorator Preferred® Deep Round baking pan Ø 15x7,5cm
- Wilton Basic turn table
- Wilton Decorator Preferred Spatula Angled 22,5 cm
- Wilton Tip #1M Open Star
- Wilton Cake leveler 25cm
- Wilton Plastic Dowels Sticks
- Silikomart Chocolate Mould Mini Tablets
Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection oven 160°C).
Prepare 500 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe as indicated on the package. Grease the baking pans with baking spray and divide it between the two baking pans and bake the biscuits for 30-35 minutes. Let them cool down by using a cooling grid.
Prepare 400 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream with 400 ml of water, then flavor the buttercream with the flavor paste.
Prepare 75 g FunCakes Mix for Enchanted Cream® according to the instructions on the package.
Cut the biscuits twice with the cake leveler and fill them with lemon curd and buttercream. Cover the cakes both all around with buttercream and let them stiffen in the refrigerator for half an hour.
Color the fondant with the color gel light pink and cover the two cakes. Stack them together using cut-to-size dowels and a cake card.
Melt the pink and orange Deco Melts according to the instructions on the packaging, put it in a decorating bag and let it slide down alternately along the edge of the cake. Put the cake back in the fridge so that the drip can stiffen and get a nice shine.