Wedding cake with edible lace and sugar paste flowers
One of the bright spots at a wedding is the cake! You have something super beautiful to celebrate and of course it cannot be missed. Such a cake must make an impression, so that everyone can enjoy it to the max! Go for this wedding cake with edible lace with purple fondant flowers and make it an unforgettable day!
What you need to make your wedding cake with edible lace and sugar paste flowers:
- 400 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe
- 200 g FunCakes Mix for Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- 150 g FunCakes Mix for Sugar Lace White
- 1 kg FunCakes Sugar Paste Elegant Ivory
- 250 g FunCakes Sugar Paste Fance Violet
- 250 g FunCakes Sugar Paste Royal Purple
- 250 g FunCakes Sugar Paste Bright White
- 100 g FunCakes Sugar Paste Forest Green
- 20 g FunCakes Mix for Royal Icing
- 440 g unsalted butter
- 390 ml water
- 6 eggs (approx. 300 g)
- Raspberry Jam
- FunCakes Cake Boards Silver/Gold - Round - 15cm
- FunCakes Decorating Bags
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray
- FunCakes Magic Roll Out Powder
- Wilton Decorator Preferred® Deep Round Baking Pan Ø 15x7.5cm
- Wilton Decorator Preferred® Deep Round Baking Pan Ø 20x7.5cm
- Wilton Cooling Grid
- Wilton Parchment Paper
- Wilton – Wide Glide – Rolling Pin Small 15cm
- Wilton Cake leveler 25cm
- Wilton Basic Turntable
- Wilton – Wide Glide – Rolling Pin 50cm
- Wilton Plastic Dowel Sticks set/4
- PME Blossom Plunger Cutter Medium
- PME Ivy Plunger Cutter Medium
- PME Flower Tape White
- PME Flowers Pics Small
- PME 5 Petal Cutter 50mm
- JEM Plain Stamen Fine -White- pk/50
- Silikomart Sugarflex Veiner Mini Flowers
- Silikomart Lace / Lace Matte Dentelle
- Culpitt Flower Wire White 24 gauge
Knead the purple, violet and white sugar paste well, roll it out thinly on a work surface covered with Magic Poll Out Powder. Cut out flowers with the blossom plunger and the Silikomart Sugarflex Veiner Mini Flowers and let them dry on crumpled kitchen paper so that they take on a bit of a whimsical shape.
Cut the flower wire in half and make a small hook at the top by bending the wire. Take 3 pistils per flower and fold them in half, hook them on the hook of the iron wire and squeeze it tightly. Tie the pistils in place with floral tape so they don’t move. Stick this in a flower and pinch the bottom of the flower against the iron wire, reinforce if necessary by pressing a ball of fondant against it and let it dry. Also make a few roses with the purple fondant using the 5 petal cutter.
Preheat oven to 180°C (convection oven 160°C).
Prepare 400 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe according to the instructions on the package. Raise the greased baking pans with a strip of parchment paper and divide the batter between the two baking pans. Bake the cake for about 30-35 minutes and let them cool down using a cooling grid.
Prepare 200 g FunCakes Mix for Swiss Meringue Buttercream according to instructions.
Cut the biscuit both 2 or 3 times with the cake leveler (depending on how high your biscuits are). Fill them with raspberry jam and Swiss Meringue Buttercream, put fresh fruit in pieces on the layer of Swiss Meringue Buttercream.
Cover the entire outside of the biscuits with a thin layer of Swiss Meringue Buttercream and let it set in the fridge. Repeat greasing the cakes one more time.
Prepare 150 g FunCakes Mix for Sugar Lace White according to the instructions on the package and spread it in the Silikomart Kant / Lace Mat Dentelle. Keep the lace between two layers of parchment paper to keep them flexible until use.
Knead the sugar paste Ivory smoothly and cover the two cakes with it. Attach the lace along the cake by smearing the cake with a little bit of water and cut off the excess with scissors.
Stack the cakes on top of each other using dowels and a cake board. For the top cake, cut the cardboard slightly smaller so that you don’t see it.
Knead the green sugar paste through, roll out and cut out leaves. Put some FunCakes Royal Icing in a decorating bag and use it to glue the flowers to the cake. Cut the wire away from the flowers you made with iron wire and put them in the cake together with a flower pic. You should never put iron wire in your cake! Stick a green leaf here and there between the flowers.