This is the perfect cake for all soccer lovers!
What you need to make soccer cake:
- 400 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake
- 325 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- 150 g FunCakes Mix for Crème Patisserie
- 700 g FunCakes Fondant –Bright White-
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel – Bright Green
- 6 eggs (approx. 300 g)
- 740 ml water
- 400 g unsalted butter
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray
- FunCakes Disposable Decorating Bags
- FunCakes Magic Roll-Out Powder
- Wilton Cake Pan Countless Celebrations
- Wilton Cake Decorating Football-Soccer Set/7
- Wilton -Wide Glide- Rolling Pin 50cm
- Wilton Chrome-Plated Cooling Grid
- Wilton Decorating Tip #233 Multi-open Carded
- Wilton Decorating Tip #002 Round Carded
- Wilton Ultimate Cake Leveler
- Wilton Decorator Preferred Spatula Angled
Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection oven 160°C).
Prepare 400 grams of FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake as indicated on the package and add some green colour gel to the batter. Grease the baking pan with Bake Release Spray and fill with the sponge cake batter. Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes and release directly after baking on a cooling grid to let it cool down completely.
Prepare 325 grams of FunCakes Mix for Buttercream as indicated on the package.
Prepare 150 grams of FunCakes Mix for Crème Patisserie as indicated on the package.
Cut the sponge cake twice using a cake leveller. Put a layer of crème patisserie on the first layer and stack the second layer on top. Apply a layer of buttercream on the second layer and stack it with another cake layer. Divide the remaining buttercream in two portions, one small one which stays white and another bigger portions which you colour green. Fill a decorating bag with tip #233 with the green buttercream and a bag with tip #2 with the white buttercream.
Knead the fondant and colour it green. Roll out on a with Magic Roll-Out Powder covered work surface to a thickness of 2-3mm and cover the cake with it.
Use the white buttercream to make the lines of the field. Place the goals and the player on the field and make them stick with a bit of buttercream. Create grass around the field using the green buttercream. Place the cake in the fridge until further use.