Metallic gold dome cakes
These metallic dome cakes are super quick to make. What’s more, they look super elegant, so perfect to serve at a dinner party! Give the cake a flavour of your choice for a delicious surprise. So bake, spray and you’re ready to go!
What you need to make your metallic gold dome cakes:
- 500 g FunCakes Sugar Paste White
- 250 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe
- 125 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- FunCakes Flavour Paste Peach
- FunCakes Metallic Spray Bright Gold
- FunCakes Golden Stars Mix
- 4 eggs (approx. 200 g)
- 25 + 125 ml water
- 150 g soft unsalted butter
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray
- FunCakes Decorating Bags 46cm
- Wilton Sports Ball Pan Set
- Wilton Cake Leveler 25cm
- Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick Cooling Grid - 40x25cm
- Wilton Comfort Grip Spatula Angled 22,5 cm
- Wilton Rolling Pin 50 cm
- Wilton Decorating Tip #1M Open Star
This recipe is for 2 half dome cakes!
Preheat the oven to 175°C (160°C) and grease the half domes with FunCakes Bake Release Spray.
Prepare the 125 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream according to the instructions on the packaging and flavour with the flavour paste.
Prepare 250 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe according to the instructions on the packaging and divide over the half domes. Bake the sponge cakes for about 30-35 minutes and place them on a cake grid to cool down.
Cut the half domes twice with the cake saw, and fill and spread a thin layer of buttercream all around. Put the remaining buttercream in a decorating bag with #1M.
Knead the sugar paste smoothly and roll it out to a thickness of approx. 2-3 mm and use this to cover the half domes.
Spray the domes with metallic spray and leave to dry. Pipe small tufts of buttercream along the bottom edge of the cake and sprinkle some sprinkles on top.