Marzipan dome cakes
Marzipan pie filled with lemon buttercream. Everyone will leave a little appetite for that… Enjoy!
What you need to make your marzipan dome cakes:
- 500 g FunCakes Mix for Cupcakes
- 125 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- FunCakes Flavour Paste Lemon
- FunColours Gel Pink
- FunColours Gel Yellow
- FunColours Gel Orange
- 350 g FunCakes Marzipan Pink
- 350 g FunCakes Marzipan Orange
- 350 g FunCakes Marzipan Yellow
- FunCakes Confetti Metallic Pink
- FunCakes Nonpareils Yellow
- FunCakes Nonpareils Orange
- 400 g unsalted butter
- 125 ml water
- 5 eggs (ca. 250 g)
- FunCakes Decorating bags
- Wilton Tip #032 Open Star
- Wilton Cooling Grid
- Wilton Wide Glide Rolling Pin 50cm
- Wilton Decorator Preferred Spatel Angled 22,5 cm
- Silikomart Silicone Form Half Spheres Ø6cm
Preheat the oven to 180 °C (convection oven 160 °C).
Prepare 500 g of FunCakes Mix for Cupcakes according to the instructions on the package and fill the half spheres to about 2/3 with batter. Use the remaining batter to bake a few more cakes later. Bake the cakes in a preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes. Let the cakes cool down slightly in the silicone mold and then carefully remove them and place them on a cooling grid to cool further.
Prepare 125 g of FunCakes Mix for buttercream as indicated on the package and season with the FunCakes Lemon Flavor Paste. If necessary, cut a small cap off the cakes so that they are firm and cover them with Lemon Buttercream.
Knead the marzipan very smoothly, roll it out to a thickness of about 2 mm and use it to cover the mini cakes.
Divide the leftover buttercream into 3 portions and color each portion with the FunCakes Color Gels. Put this separately in a decorating bag with # 032 and pipe some colored tufts on top of the cakes. Sprinkle some confetti and nonpareils over it.