Cupcakes with fondant flowers
An elegant cupcake with many kinds of fondant flowers. That sounds incredibly well, doesn’t it? Get into the spring atmosphere with these cupcakes right away!
What you need to make your cupcakes with fondant flowers:
- 500 g FunCakes Mix for Cupcakes
- 100 g FunCakes Special Edition Mix for Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- 250 g FunCakes Fondant Pastel Yellow
- 250 g FunCakes Fondant Pastel Pink
- FunCakes Edible Glue
- Various colors of FunCakes Fondant for the flowers
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 70 ml water
- 5 eggs (approx. 250 g)
- FunCakes Baking Cups Light Pink
- FunCakes Baking Cups Pink
- Wilton Recipe Right® Muffin Pan
- Wilton Wide Glide Rolling Pin 15cm
- PME Daisy/ Margriet Plunger Cutter
- PME Blossom Plunger Cutter
- Silikomart Sugarflex Veiner Mini Flowers
- Cookie Cutter Ring Ø 6,5 cm
- Ice cream scoop
Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection oven 160°C)
Prepare 500 g FunCakes Mix for Cupcakes according to the instructions on the package. Divide the baking cups over the muffin pan. Divide the batter over the baking cups with an ice cream scoop and bake the cakes in about 18-22 minutes.
Make different colorful flowers from various colors of fondant and let them air dry for two hours.
Prepare 100 g FunCakes Special Edition Mix for Swiss Meringue Buttercream according to the instructions on the packaging.
Roll out some pink and yellow fondant to a thickness of about 2 mm and cut out as many rounds as you have cupcakes. Cover the top of the cakes with Swiss Meringue Buttercream and stick a round of fondant on top. Stick the flowers back on top with some edible glue.