Cool gold and blue birthday cake
When it’s your birthday you should celebrate it with a super cool cake. A cake fun for boys and girls. This golden blue cake will make your party complete. This is the ultimate showstopper for your party!
What you need to make your cool gold and blue birthday cake:
- 400 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe
- 400 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- 300 g FunCakes Mix for Macarons, Glutenfree
- 100 g FunCakes Deco Melts Toffee Flavour
- FunCakes Food Colour Gel Royal Blue
- FunCakes Choco Drip Royal Blue
- FunCakes Sparkle Dust Dazzling Bronze
- FunCakes Candy Choco Pearls Large Copper
- FunCakes Candy Choco Pearls Medium Copper
- FunCakes Pearl Choco Balls Silver Set/8
- FunCakes Flavour Paste Lemon Meringue
- 500 g unsalted cream butter
- 400 + 40 ml water
- 6 eggs (approx. 300 g)
- 70 g egg white
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray
- FunCakes Decorating Bags 41cm
- Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick Tier Cooling Grid - 40x25cm
- Wilton Decorating Tip #4B Open Star
- Wilton Decorating Tip #1A Rond
- Wilton Basic Turntable
- Wilton Cake Saw 25cm
- 2x Wilton Decorator Preferred® Deep Round Pan Ø 20x7,5cm
- Wilton Comfort Grip Spatula curved 22,5 cm
- Dekofee Profi Brush 1
- Patisse Cake Side Scraper 20cm
- Silikomart Macaron Mat
- Silikomart Chocolate Mould Mini Tabletten
Preheat the oven to 175°C (convection oven 160°C) and grease the baking pans with baking spray.
Prepare the 400 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream according to the instructions on the packaging and flavour with FunCakes Flavouring paste Lemon Meringue. Also prepare the 400 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe according to the instructions on the packaging. Divide the batter between the 2 baking pans and bake the sponge cakes for about 30-35 minutes. After baking, immediately place on a cooling grid to cool.
Prepare the FunCakes Mix for Macarons according to the instructions on the packaging and colour it blue with the FunCakes colour gel. Put the batter into a decorating bag with #1A, pipe caps onto the macaron mat and leave to air dry for 2 hours before baking in a preheated oven at 140°C (convection 130°C). After baking, allow the macarons to cool on the mat before removing them.
Tip: You can easily bake the macaron shells earlier and then freeze them. Defrosting takes about half an hour.
Cut the cooled sponge cake with the cake saw twice. Take 2 heaped tablespoons of the buttercream and colour it in 2 shades of blue with FunCakes colour gel. Fill the sponge cake with the flavoured buttercream and spread a thin layer of buttercream on the outside. Leave this to set in the fridge for half an hour and then spread a thicker layer of buttercream over the cake, combined with the 2 shades of blue buttercream. For the best and tightest result put the cake on the turntable and use the side scraper to get the cake nice and taut. Then leave the cake to set in the fridge for another half an hour.
Heat up the FunCakes Choco Drip Blue and the FunCakes Deco Melts Toffee Flavour according to the instructions on the package and fill the mini tablets with them. Let it set in the fridge for 10-15 minutes and then remove them from the mould. Put the remaining toffee melts in a decorating bag and cut off a small tip. From the top edge of the cake, slide the blue Choco Drip and the toffee Deco Melts down and leave to set in the fridge for another 10-15 minutes.
Use FunCakes Sparkle Dust Dazzling Bronze and some rejuvenator to paint the toffee drip gold. Also paint the toffee tablets gold. With a toothbrush, splash some golden paint on the macaron shells. Put some buttercream in a decorating bag with #4B and pipe a nice border on top of the cake. Fill the macarons with the remaining buttercream.
Roll the FunCakes Choco Balls Pearl Silver Set/8 through the FunCakes Sparkle Dust Dazzling Bronze and use this together with the blue/gold mini tablets, the FunCakes Candy Choco Pearls Large Copper, FunCakes Candy Choco Pearls Medium Copper and the filled macarons to decorate the top of the cake.