Unfortunately, carnival is only once a year, but with these carnival cupcakes you can make the day even more memorable.
- 500 g FunCakes Mix for Cookies
- 200 g FunCakes Mix for buttercream
- 50 g FunCakes Rolfondant Pink
- 50 g FunCakes Rolfondant Blue
- 50 g FunCakes Rolfondant Green
- 50 g FunCakes Rolfondant Purple
- 50 g FunCakes Rolfondant Yellow
- 50 g FunCakes Rolfondant Orange
- 50 g FunCakes Rolfondant Red
- FunCakes Nonpareils Discomix
- 500 g unsalted butter
- 5 eggs (ca. 250g)
- 200 ml water
- FunCakes Disposable Decorating Bags
- FunCakes Baking Cups
- Wilton Recipe Right Muffin Pan
- Wilton decorating tip #1M
- Wilton Perfect Height Rolling Pin
- PME Craft Knife
Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection oven 160°C).
Prepare 500 g FunCakes Mix for Cupcakes and 200 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream as indicated on the package. Place different colours of baking cups in the muffin pan and fill them till two third with batter. Bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes and let them cool down on the kitchen corner out of the pan.
Roll out all colours of fondant, cut of small strips with a sharp knife and roll these around a skewer. Let them dry for an hour.
Create a whole in the cupcakes with the back of the decorating tip and fill this up with jam. Put the tip in a decorating bag, fill with buttercream and pipe a nice swirl on top of the cupcakes.
Sprinkle discomix on one part of the cupcakes, and place the serpentines on the other half.