Combine delicious cupcakes with cactus and bring them to you next occasion to share these delicious cactus cupcakes!
What you need to make cactus cupcakes:
- 500 g FunCakes Mix for Cupcakes
- 125 gram FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- FunCakes Flavour Paste - Hazelnut
- FunCakes Hazelnut Crunch
- FunCakes FunColour Paste Food Colour -Green-
- 500 g FunCakes Fondant -Forest Green-
- FunCakes Fondant -Bright White-
- FunCakes Fondant Sweet Pink
- 400 g unsalted butter
- 125 ml water
- 5 eggs (aprox. 250 g)
- FunCakes Baking Cups -Brown-
- FunCakes Decorating bags
- Wilton Recipe Right® Muffin Pan
- Wilton Piping Gel
- Wilton Decorating Tip #018 Open Star Carded
- Wilton Decorating Tip #004 Round Carded
- Wilton Perfect Height Rolling Pin
- PME Flower Blossem Plunger Cutter
- Karen Davies Siliconen Mould -Ruffled Roses
- JEM Tool 4- Dresden & Veining
- Patisse Wooden Bursh 1,5 cm
- Cocktail sticks
Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection oven 160°C).
Prepare 500 g FunCakes Mix for Cupcakes as indicated on the package and add half the pot of hazelnut crunch and the hazelnut flavouring to the cupcake batter. Place the baking cups in the muffin pan and fill them with the batter. Bake the cupcakes in 18 – 20 minutes in the middle of the preheated oven. Let them cool down by using a cooling grid.
Prepare 125 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream as indicated on the package and colour the buttercream dark green using green food colouring.
Add piping gel to the top of the cupcakes and sprinkle all of them with hazelnut crunch. Use the green fondant to make balls and cones, put a cocktail skewer in the bottom and place them on the cupcakes. Pipe long stripes on the cones using the buttercream and pipe stars and dots on the balls.
Roll a piece of white fondant into a very thin string, cut into pieces and let it dry. Then put them in the small caps. Make a number of flowers in white and pink and place them on the cupcake. Roll out a piece of white and pink fondant, stick out a blossom and stick it against the cactus.