Buttercream flower cupcakes
Decorating cupcakes is one of our favorite things to do. Especially with flowers! Add some roses, daisies, pansies, leaves and more… Which flowers would you add on a cupcake? 🌸
What you need to make your buttercream flower cupcakes:
- 500 g FunCakes Mix for Cupcakes
- 200 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- FunCakes Food Colour Gel set/8
- 500 g unsalted butter
- 200 ml water
- 5 eggs (approx. 250 g)
- FunCakes Decorating Bags
- FunCakes Baking Cups Pink
- Wilton Recipe Right® Muffin pan 12 cupcakes
- Wilton Standard Adaptor/Coupler (multiple)
- Wilton decorating tip #104 Petal (multiple)
- Wilton decorating tip #002 Round (multiple)
- Wilton decorating tip #352 Leaf (multiple)
- Wilton decorating tip #018 Open Star (multiple)
- Wilton decorating tip #016 Open Star Carded (multiple)
- Wilton decorating tip #102 Petal
- Wilton decorating tip #012 Round (multiple)
- Wilton decorating tip #022 Dropflower
- Wilton decorating tip #081 Specialty Tip
- Wilton Flower Stud Set
- Patisse Mini Roll Parchment Paper -25m-
- Ice cream scoop
Prepare 200 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream as indicated on the package. Divide it into as many portions as you want to make colours for your flowers and leaves. Keep some green buttercream behind to stick the flowers on the cupcakes and to swirl the leaves.
Cut squares of about 4×4 cm from the parchment paper and prepare the Decorating Bags with couplers.
Make all kinds of flowers like, roses, rosettes, pansies, daisies, apple blossoms, etc. Do you need some extra help? Check out our How to make buttercream flowers blog! We’ll guide you step by step through every flower.
Make the small buttercream flowers a day in advance and put them in the freezer. This way they are easier to apply on the cupcakes. The big rose cupcakes you just make on the day itself, you can’t swirl this in advance, this must be swirled directly on the cupcakes.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection oven 160°C) and divide the baking cups between the muffin pan.
Prepare 500 g FunCakes Mix for Cupcakes as indicated on the package and divide the batter among the baking cups using the ice cream scoop. Bake the cupcakes in about 18-22 golden yellow and let them cool from the mold on the countertop.
Using a palette knife, spread the top of the cupcakes with a thin layer of green buttercream, put the rest in a decorating bag with coupler and decorating tip #352.
Using a small spatula or knife, carefully place the frozen buttercream flowers on the cupcakes. Swirl some leaves between any gaps that may have formed.