Portuguese Pastel de Nata
The Pastel de Nata or Pastéis de Belém are on of the most known sweets from the Portugeuse cuisine. The original recipe is secret, but these are incredibly tasty!
- 200 g FunCakes Mix for Crème Patisserie
- 500 ml water
- 1 package frozen puff pastry (10 sheets)
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray
- FunCakes Disposable Decoratingbag
- Wilton Decorating Tip #010 Round
- Wilton Chrome-Plated Cooling Grid
- Wilton Recipe Right® Muffin Pan
- Patisse Cookie Cutter Round Set/5
Allow the puff pastry to defrost and remove plastic sheets.
Prepare 200 grams of FunCakes Mix for Crème Patisserie as indicated on the package. Place tip #010 in the decorating bag and fill with crème patisserie
Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection 160°C).
Cut out circles of puff pasty using the 7 cm cookie cutter and place it in the greased muffin pan. Push the pastry to the edge and fill with the crème patisserie. Fill until three quarters.
Bake de Pastels de Nata in the middle of the oven for about 15 minutes until the crème patisserie is goldon brown and let it cool down on the cooling grid.