Naked Chocolate Wedding Cake
Do you like the naked cake trend and are you a fan of drip on your cake? Then you will definitely love this Naked Chocolate Wedding Cake! The naked look and the fruit gives the cake a rustic look and will look great on a Festival themed wedding!
What you need to make your naked chocolate wedding cake:
- 500 g FunCakes Mix for Choco Sponge Cake
- 300 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- FunCakes Choco Drip Chocolate
- FunCakes Flavour Paste White Choco
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray
- 110 ml water + 300 ml water
- 375 g soft unsalted butter
- 6 eggs (approx. 300 g)
- Passion fruit, peaches, blackberries, blueberries, rosemary
- FunCakes Decorating Bags 41 cm
- FunCakes Cake Card Silver/Gold - Round - 15 cm
- Wilton Decorator Preferred® Deep Round Pan Ø 20x7,5 cm
- Wilton Decorator Preferred® Deep Round Pan Ø 15x7,5 cm
- Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick Cooling Grid - 40x25 cm
- Wilton Cake Leveler 25 cm
- Wilton Dowel Rods Plastic set/4
- Wilton Parchment Paper Roll
- Wilton Basic Turntable
- Wilton Comfort Grip Spatula Curved 22,5 cm
- Patisse Cake Side Scraper 20 cm
Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection oven 160°C), grease the baking pans with baking spray and line the edges with a strip of parchement paper.
Prepare 300 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream with 300 ml water and set aside. Prepare 500 g FunCakes Mix for Choco Sponge Cake according to the instructions on the packaging. Divide the batter between the two baking pans and bake the biscuits for 30-35 minutes. After baking, place them on a wire rack, remove the baking paper and allow to cool.
Complete the buttercream and flavour with FunCakes Flavour Paste White Choco. Cut the biscuits 3 or 4 times and fill them with the buttercream.
Make sure you make the cake on a firm surface, e.g. a drum. If you put the cake on a thin cardboard and want to lift it or move it, the cardboard will bend and your cake may fall, warp or tear!
Spread a thin layer of buttercream all around the cakes and pull it nicely tight with the side scraper. The idea is that you can see the layers of the cake.
Stack the cakes on top of each other using cut dowels and a cake card.
Heat the FunCakes Choco Drip Chocolate according to the instructions on the bottle and give both cakes a nice drip. Decorate the cake further with the fruit and rosemary.