Honey Gold drip cake
If you’re looking for a perfect sweet cake, look no further than a honey gold drip cake. Combine the Sugar Paste Colour of the Year with a classic pink drip!
What you need to make your honey gold drip cake:
- 250 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe
- 150 g FunCakes Mix for Enchanted Cream®
- 500 g FunCakes Sugar Paste Honey Gold
- FunCakes Food Colour Gel Gel Honey Gold
- FunCakes Food Colour Gel Pink
- FunCakes Sprinkle Medley Glamour Pink
- FunCakes Choco Drip Hot Pink
- 150 ml milk
- 25 ml water
- 4 eggs (approx. 200 g)
- FunCakes Decorating Bags
- Wilton Decorating Tip #1M Open Star
- Wilton Cooling Grid
- Wilton Small Cake Leveler -25cm-
- Wilton Decorator Preferred® Deep Round Baking Pan Ø 20x7,5cm
- Wilton Rolling Pin
- Wilton Comfort Grip Angled Spatula 22,5 cm
- Wilton Turntable
Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection oven 160°C) and grease the baking pan with baking spray.
Prepare 250 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe as indicated on the package and color it pink with the FunCakes Food colour Gel Pink. Spoon the batter into the baking pan and bake the cake for about 30-35 minutes until light brown. Immediately after baking, dump onto a cooling grid and let the cake cool down by using a cooling grid.
Prepare 150 g FunCakes Mix for Enchanted Cream® as directed on the package. Cut the cake with the cake cutter 2x and fill and spread all around with Enchanted Cream®.
Colour the rest of the cream with the FunCakes Food Colour Gel Honey Gold and put it in a Decorating Bag with decorating tip #1M.
Knead the 500 g FunCakes Sugar Paste Honey Gold well and roll it out with a thickness of about 2-3 mm. Line the cake with this and cut away the excess.
Heat the FunCakes Choco Drip Hot Pink as directed on the package and give the cake a drip edge. Let this set for 5 minutes in the refrigerator.
Swirl beautiful tufts on top of the cake with the Honey Gold Enchanted Cream® and sprinkle with the FunCakes Sprinkle Medley Glamour Pink.