Colorful fondant flower cake
Full of color with this irresistible fondant cake! The perfect decoration and very tasty. Finger lickin’ good, right?
What you need to make your colorful fondant flower cake:
- 400 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe
- 300 g FunCakes Special Edition Mix for Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- 550 g FunCakes Fondant Pastel Pink
- 450 g FunCakes Fondant Pastel Yellow
- Various colors of FunCakes Fondant for the flowers
- 660 g unsalted butter
- 250 ml water
- 6 eggs (approx. 300 g)
- FunCakes decorating bags
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray
- FunCakes Cake Cards Silver / Gold - Round - 15 cm
- Wilton Plastic Dowel Sticks
- Wilton Cake leveler 25cm
- Wilton Decorator Preferred® Deep Baking Pan Round Ø 15x7,5cm
- Wilton Decorator Preferred® Deep Baking Pan Round Ø 20x7,5cm
- Wilton rolling pin 50cm
- Wilton cooling grid
- Wilton rolling pin small
- PME Blossom Plunger Cutter Set/4
- PME Daisy/ Daisy Plunger Cutter 27mm Medium
- PME Rose Leaf Plunger Cutter Medium
- PME Daisy/ Daisy Plunger Cutter Set/4
- FMM Rose Cutter 5 Leaves 50mm
- Silikomart Sugarflex Veiner Mini Flowers
Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection oven 160°C).
Prepare 400 g of FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe as indicated on the package. Divide the batter over the two baking pans and bake them for about 30-35 minutes. Let them cool down by using a cooling grid
Prepare 300 g FunCakes Special Edition Mix for Swiss Meringue Buttercream according to the instructions on the packaging.
Cut the biscuits twice with the cake leveler, fill and cover all around with the Swiss Meringue Buttercream and let the cakes stiffen in the fridge.
Make a lot of colorful flowers with the various plungers, cutters and various colors of fondant. Let them air dry for two hours.
Cover the 15 cm cake with the yellow fondant and the 20 cm cake with the pink fondant. Stack them on top of each other using a cake box and cut-to-size dowels.
If necessary, finish the cakes with a nice ribbon. Put some Swiss Meringue Buttercream in a piping bag and pipe a half moon with the cream on the top cake. Stick flowers diagonally against this and use edible glue for the smaller flowers.