Christmas star bento cake
Bento cakes are hot and trending and we could’t wait to get started! This Christmas inspired bento cake with the new colour of the year Chic Aubergine is a perfect Christmas dessert cake, or make it as a treat, wrap it and give it to someone you love.
What you need to make your christmas star bento cake:
- 250 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe
- 100 g FunCakes Mix for Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- 600 g FunCakes Sugar Paste Chic Aubergine
- 350 g FunCakes Sugar Paste Rosé White
- FunCakes Edible Glue
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray 200ml
- 220 g unsalted butter
- 95 ml water
- 4 eggs (approx. 200 g)
- FunCakes Decorating Bags
- Wilton Wide Glide Rolling Pin
- Wilton Comfort Grip Spatula Angled 22,5 cm
- Wilton Decorating Tip #003 Round
- Wilton Standerd Adaptor/Coupler
- Wilton Basic Turntable
- Wilton Cake Leveler/ Small 25 cm
- Wilton Recipe Right Cooling Grid
- PME Deep Baking Pan 20 x 20 x 7,5cm
- Patisse Cookie Cutter Ring Set/14
- FMM Star Cookie Cutter Set/4
- Patisse Cookie Cutter Christmas Set/4
Preheat the oven to 180°C (Convection oven 160°C).
Prepare 250 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe as indicated on the package. Grease the baking pan with FunCakes Bake Release Spray and spatula the batter into it. Bake the cake for about 30-35 minutes until done and after baking, let the cake cool down by using a cooling grid.
Prepare 100 g FunCakes Mix for Swiss Meringue Buttercream as indicated on the package.
Cut the sponge cake 2x with a cake leveler. From the set of round cutters, take a ring with a diameter of about 9-10 cm and cut 4 rings from each slice of cake.
Make 4 small cakes from 3 rings of biscuit filled and smeared with FunCakes Mix for Swiss Meringue Buttercream. Keep a small amount of cream left to stick the balls on the cake and to make small dots. Let the smeared cakes set in the fridge for half an hour.
Put the Swiss Meringue Buttercream what you have left in a decorating bag with an adaptor and decorating tip #003.
Line the cakes with Sugar Paste Chic Aubergine. Roll out the remaining sugar paste wafer-thin and cut out little stars.
Roll out the Rose White Sugar Paste wafer-thin and cut out little stars and Christmas trees. Using the rest of this colour, make a braided decorative border with the karen davies mould for the bottom and top of the cakes. Stick the parts on and against the cakes with some edible glue.
Use the Swiss Meringue Buttercream to put little dots between the Christmas trees.