Botanical wedding cake
This wedding cake with beautiful flowers, colours and a delicious taste will be guaranteed something you and the guests will never forget. With the FunCakes mix for biscuit and the buttercream you can make this delicious cake.
What you need to make your botanical wedding cake:
- 1230 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe
- 600 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- 3 kg FunCakes Fondant -Bright White-
- 600 g FunCakes Gumpaste White
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel - Holly Green
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel - Black
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel - Leaf Green
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Dust - Peacock Blue
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Dust - White Snow
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Dust - Holly Green
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Dust - Ivy Green
- Wilton Icing Color - Ivory
- Wilton Icing Color - Moss Green
- 2 jars FunCakes Flavour Paste - Lemon
- 19 eggs (approx. 950 g)
- 750 g unsalted butter
- 723 ml water
- 3 jars lemon curd
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray
- FunCakes Cake Board Ø 12,5 cm
- FunCakes Cake Board Ø 17,5 cm
- FunCakes Cake Board Ø 22,5 cm
- FunCakes Cake Board Ø 27,5 cm
- FunCakes Decorating Bags
- FunCakes Edible Glue
- FunCakes Magic Roll-Out Powder
- Wilton Decorator Preferred Spatula Angled
- Wilton Turn Table
- Wilton Plastic Dowel Rods
- Wilton Decorating Tip #12
- Wilton Cooling Grid
- Wilton -Wide Glide- Rolling Pin
- Wilton -Perfect Height- Rolling Pin
- Wilton Cake Leveler
- Wilton Decorating Brush
- PME Extra Deep Round Baking Pan Ø 25 cm
- PME Extra Deep Round Baking Pan Ø 30 cm
- PME Rose/flower petal cutter
- PME Rose Leaf Plunger Cutter Large
- PME Lily Plunger Small
- PME Side Scraper
- PME 5 Petal Cutter 30 mm
- PME 5 Petal Cutter 35 mm
- FMM Leaf Cutter Set
- FMM Large Rose Petal Cutter Set
- PME Floral Tape White
- PME Floral Tape Green
- PME Flower Pics Small
- PME Flower Pics Medium
- Culpitt Floral Wire Dark Green -24 gauge-
- Culpitt Floral Wire White - 24 gauge-
- Culpitt Floral Wire White -20 gauge-
- Culpitt Floral Wire White -26 gauge-
- Wilton Dust-N-Store Dusting Pouch
- Piece of floral foam covered with plastic foil
For the leaves, color a few small pieces of gumpaste in different shades of green. Roll it out thinly with a small rolling stick on a worktop sprinkled with magic roll-out powder and cut out various sizes and types of leaves in different colors. Cut 3 pieces of green floral wires out. Dip the end of the wire in the glue and carefully insert it into the leaf. Put all the leaves upright in the floral foam and allow to dry for at least a few days. Create with the different colors dust depth by coloring the edges of the hardened leaves.
Make the leaves a day in advent.
For the eucalyptus branches you need the rose leaf cutter set and the two 5-petal cutters. Color a piece of gumpaste with the colour paint in the desired color green. Cut the 24 gauge white floral wire into quarters. Roll out the gum paste very thinly on a worktop sprinkled with magic roll-out and cut out a few 5-petals in the two sizes. Cut the leaves apart with a sharp knife. Dip the end of the wire in the glue and insert it into the leaves. Use cutters for the larger petals of the rose leaf. Place the leaves upright in the floral foam and allow to dry for at least a few days. Make a mixture of the peacock blue dust and white snow and color the leaves with this. For each branch you need at least 4 to 6 of each leaf, depending on how big you want the branch. The leaves are placed in pairs opposite each other. Take a 26 gauge white wire and tie the leaves in pairs with white tape, start with the smallest leaves and finish with the largest. When you have finished the branches, powder the tape in the same color as the leaves.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection oven 160°C).
Prepare 330 gram FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe as indicated on the package. Spray the 15 and 20 cm baking pans with baking spray and divide the biscuit batter between the two pans. Bake the biscuits in the middle of the preheated oven for 30 – 35 minutes. Let the biscuits cool on a cooling grid.
Prepare 400 gram FunCakes mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe as indicated on the package. Spray the 25 cm baking pan and bake it for 40 – 45 minutes in the middle of the preheated oven. Let the biscuits cool on a cooling grid.
Prepare 500 gram FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe and a 30 cm baking pan. Bake this in a preheated oven for 50 – 55 minutes. Let the biscuits cool on a cooling grid.
Cut the sponge cakes both twice and place them on the cake boards with a little buttercream. Fill a piping bag with nozzle # 12 with buttercream and spray a “dike” on each layer. Fill the dike with a layer of lemon curd. Then spread them all around with buttercream. Use the side scraper to smoothly cover the cakes. Place in the refrigerator for half an hour, then cover with buttercream one more time and return to the refrigerator to set.
Knead 950 gram white fondant well, roll it out on a work surface dusted with confectioners’ powder and cover the 15 cm and 20 cm cake with it and place it back in the refrigerator. Knead a little bit of black food coloring through 750 gram white fondant to give it a marble look. Roll this out and cover the 25 cm cake with it. Place back in the refrigerator. Color the rest of the fondant with the sage green, holly green and possibly a little moss green in a beautiful dark green color and cover the 30 cm cake.
Prepare 600 gram FunCakes Mix for Buttercream as indicated on the package. Add the lemon flour to paste.
Never pierce the flowers without protection in the cake because of hygiene and oxidation of the iron wire!