Rainbow Surprise Cake
Amaze! Surprise family and friends with this over the top surprise cake. This is the ultimate indulgence cake!
What you need to make rainbow surprise cake:
- 400 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake
- 450 g FunCakes Mix for Enchanted Cream®
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel - Red
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel - Orange
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel - Yellow
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel - Purple
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel - Bright Green
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel - Royal Blue
- FunCakes Choco Drip - Yellow
- FunCakes Choco Drip - Blue
- FunCakes Choco Drip - Hot Pink
- FunCakes Choco Drip - Pink
- FunCakes Deco Melts - Purple
- FunCakes Deco Melts - Orange
- FunCakes Deco Melts - Green
- 6 eggs (approx. 300 g)
- 340 ml water
- 300 ml milk
- Jelly Beans
- FunCakes decorating bags
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray
- FunCakes Lollipop Sticks
- Wilton Cake Pan Easy Layers 20cm
- Wilton Lollipop Mold Mini Hearts
- Wilton Decorating Tip #1M Open Star
- Wilton Cooling Grid
- Wilton Decorator Preferred Spatula Angled
- Cookie Cutter Ring Ø 6,5 cm
Preheat the oven to 175°C (convection oven 160°C).
Prepare 400 grams of FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake according to the instructions on the package. Divide it into 7 equal portions and colour it with the colour gels. Make a lilac and purple batter with the purple gel.
Spray the baking pans with Bake Release spray and bake the first 4 colours of sponge cake in about 18 – 20 minutes. Then bake the remaining colours. Let the slices cool on the cooling grid.
Prepare 450 g Mix for Enchanted Cream® according to the directions on the package. Place the purple slice of biscuit on a dish and coat it with a layer of white Enchanted Cream®. Cut out a circle from all slices, except for the red layer with the cutter. Stack the slices with a layer of white Enchanted Cream® on top of each other and fill the gap with the Jelly Beans, TumTum’s and the M&M’s. Cover with the red slice Biscuit. Spread the entire cake on the outside completely with a thin layer of white Enchanted Cream® and put it in the fridge.
In the meantime make 7 different colours of Enchanted Cream® and put it in a decorating bag with #1M. Spray the colours Enchanted Cream® around and on top of the cake.
Heat the FunCakes Choco Drip in the microwave as indicated on the packaging and make lollipops by using the heart mold. Let this set in the fridge for 10 minutes for a nice shine.
Melt the FunCakes Deco Melts according to the instructions on the packaging and make a number of lollipops with it. Let this also set in the fridge for 10 minutes for a nice shine. Place the lollipops at the top of the cake.