The ombre cake is for everyone who loves color and the smooth color transitions make it a beautiful piece of art to look at.
What you need to make ombre cake:
- 500 g FunCakes Mix for Cupcakes
- 400 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel – Bright Green
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel – Mint Green
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel – Yellow
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel – Baby Blue
- FunCakes Flavour Paste -Lemon-
- 5 eggs (approx. 250 g)
- 750 g unsalted butter
- 400 ml water
- FunCakes Disposable Decorating Bags
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray
- Wilton Cake Pan Easy Layers -20cm- Set/4
- Wilton Decorating Tip #1M Open Star Carded
- Wilton Chrome-Plated Cooling Grid
- Wilton Basic Turntable
Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection oven 160°C).
Prepare 500 grams of FunCakes Mix for Cupcakes as indicated on the package. Divide the batter into 4 even portions and colour these with the gels in the different colours. Grease the bakings pans with cake release spray and fill them with the coloured batters. Bake the cakes for approx. 25 minutes and let them cool down on a cooling grid afterwards.
Prepare 400 grams of FunCakes Mix for Buttercream as indicated on the package and add lemon flavouring to taste. Divide the buttercream into 4 portions again, which you colour in the same 4 colours as the batters. Do make sure you save a bit of plain buttercream to stack the cakes and cover the outside. Fill decorating bags with tip #1M with the different colours of buttercream. Start at the bottom. While turning the table you pipe a thick line along the cake. Make two of these lines of top of each other for every colour. Use the last colour to cover the top of the cake as well.
Leave the cake in the fridge in order for the buttercream to stiffen.