Kawaii Piñata Ghost
Kawaii means cute in Japanese but the content of this pinata is anything but cute so don’t be surprised, because this cake is very tasty.
- 500 g FunCakes Mix for Red Velvet Cake
- 1 kg FunCakes Fondant -Bright White-
- Various FunCakes sprinkles
- FunCakes Edible Glue
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel - Purple
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel - Orange
- 250g FunCakes Modelling Paste Black
- FunCakes Gum Paste White
- FunColours Edible FunColours Dust - Soft Pink
- 800 g FunCakes Chocolate Melts Dark
- 3 eggs (approx. 150 g)
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 200 ml water
- 550 g whipping cream (30% fat)
- FunCakes Cake Board Round Ø25cm
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray
- Wilton -Wide Glide- Rolling Pin 50cm
- Wilton Sports Ball Pan Set
- Wilton Decorator Preferred Spatula Angled 22,5 cm
- Wilton Lollipop Sticks 15cm, pk/35 <>
- Wilton Fondant Smoother
- Wilton Chrome-Plated Cooling Grid
- Wilton Roll N Cut Mat 59x60cm
- PME Extra Deep Round Cake Pan Ø 15 x 10cm
- PME Modelling tools, Sugarcraft Knife
- Cutter Round 10 cm
- Cutter Oval 3 cmSmall round plunger cutter
- Fine brush
- Blush brush
- Pattern for bat wings
Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection oven 160°C).
Prepare 500 grams of FunCakes Mix for Red Velvet Cake as indicated on the package. Grease the baking pan using Bake Release Spay. Fill the greased baking pans with the batter and bake for about 30 minutes. Let them cool down on a cooling grid.
For the dark chocolate ganache filling melt 300 grams of dark chocolate melts in the microwave in defrost mode (don’t melt completely). Bring the 300 grams of cream to a boil and pour it in the melted chocolate little by little. Mix well to make a smooth ganache and cover with foil and keep at room temperature.
For the dark chocolate ganache coating melt 500 grams of dark chocolate melts in the microwave in defrost mode (do not melt completely). Bring the 250 grams of cream to a boil. Pour it little by little in the chocolate and mix well to make a smooth ganache. Cover with foil and keep at room temperature.
Once the cakes are cooled down, cut the round cake twice using the cake leveller. Cut a round shape from the centre of the slice with the 10 cm round cutter. Place a non-cutted slice of cake on the cake board and create a dam. Place the previously perforated slice on top, fill up the hole with various sugar sprinkles. Apply filling on the cake and cover with the third slice of cake. Place the half-sphere cake on top. Smooth with the coating ganache.
Roll out the bright white fondant and cover the smoothed cake.Do not fix the bottom to give a flare effect.
Use the oval and round cutters on the black modelling paste to make the eyes and mouth.
Use the pattern, cut out the bat wings and a band to prepare the headband. Brush the wing folds with a brush handle. Let it dry for a few minutes.
Color the white gum paste in purple and orange with the FunColours gels. Make a roll of each colour. Use the smoother to avoid fingerprints. Twist them together to make the lollipop and fix it on the stick with edible glue.
Make 2 rolls with the gum paste to craft the arms. Apply the eyes, mouth and headband with edible glue. Stick one third of the lollipop into the cake, next to the arm. Lightly blush the cheeks with the pink powder.