Ice cream cones with buttercream flowers
Indulge your sweet tooth and get creative with this delightful recipe for ice cream cones decorated with buttercream flowers! This treat is perfect for hot summer days, birthday parties, or any time you want to impress your loved ones with a beautiful and delicious treat.
What you need to make your ice cream cones with buttercream flowers:
- 250 g FunCakes Mix for Cupcakes
- 300 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- FunCakes Food Colour Gel set/8
- 400 g unsalted butter
- 300 ml water
- 2,5 egg (approx. 125g)
- Ice cream cones
- FunCakes Decorating Bags
- Wilton Cone Rack
- Wilton Standard Adaptor/Coupler (multiple)
- Wilton Decorating Tip #104 Petal (multiple)
- Wilton Decorating Tip #352 Leaf (multiple)
- Wilton Decorating Tip #002 Round (multiple)
- Wilton Decorating Tip #018 Open Star (multiple)
- Wilton Decorating Tip #016 Open Star Carded (multiple)
- Wilton Decorating Tip #102 Petal
- Wilton Decorating Tip #012 Round (multiple)
- Wilton Decorating Tip #022 Dropflower
- Wilton Decorating Tip #081 Specialty Tip
- Wilton Flower Nail Set
- Patisse Mini Roll Parchment Paper -25m-
- Ice cream scoop
Prepare 300 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream as indicated on the package. Divide the buttercream into portions and colour them as desired with the FunCakes Food Color Gel. Keep some green buttercream behind to stick the flowers on the ice cream cone and to make the leaves.
Cut from the parchment paper squares of about 4×4 cm. Prepare the decorating bags with couplers.
TIP! Make the buttercream flowers a day in advance and put them in the freezer. This way they are easier to work with on the icing.
Make all kinds of flowers such as, roses, rosettes, pansies, daisies, apple blossoms, etc. Need some extra help? Check out our blog: How to Make Buttercream Flowers. We’ll guide you step by step through each flower.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection oven 160°C) and place the ice cream cones in the holder.
Prepare 250 g FunCakes Mix for Cupcakes as indicated on the package and use this to fill the cones to just over halfway. Bake this in about 18-22 done and let them cool in the stand on the counter.
Coat the top of the ice cream cones with a layer of buttercream and carefully stick the frozen buttercream flowers on top. Do not remove them all at once from the freezer as they will thaw quickly and may be damaged when you stick them on the popsicles. Fill the gaps between the flowers with green buttercream leaves. Use decorating tip #352 for this.