Giant cupcake cake
What is better than a cupcake? A GIANT cupcake cake! This cupcake cake is huge and is especially for all the cupcake covers.
- 750 g FunCakes Mix for Cupcakes
- 400 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- 450 g FunCakes Fondant - Bright White
- FunCakes Flavour Paste -Cookie-
- FunCakes Flavour Paste -Vanilla-
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel – Royal Blue
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel – Yellow
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel – Poppy Red
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel – Bright Green
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel – Orange
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel – Purple
- 7 ½ eggs (approx. 375 g)
- 875 g unsalted butter
- 400 ml water
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray
- FunCakes Disposable Decorating Bags
- Wilton Dimensions® Large Cupcake Pan
- Wilton Decorating Tip #1M Open Star Carded
- Wilton Chrome-Plated Cooling Grid
- Wilton -Wide Glide- Rolling Pin 50cm
- Evt. Tin foil
Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection oven 160°C).
Prepare 750 grams of FunCakes Mix for Cupcakes as indicated on the package and add a bit of cookies flavouring to the cupcake batter. Grease the cupcake pan with cake release and divide the batter into the cupcake pan. Bake the cakes for 60-70 minutes. In case the cake already gets dark while it isn’t ready yet, cover it with a piece of tinfoil and keep on baking it. This way the cake will get ready without getting too dark. Let the cakes cool down completely on a cooling grid afterwards.
Prepare 400 grams of FunCakes Mix for Buttercream as indicated on the package and add some vanilla flavouring paste. Divide the cream in 7 portions and colour these with the FunColours Gels. One portion stays uncoloured.
Cover the bottom of the cupcake with a thin layer of buttercream to fill holes and get rid of any bumps. Put it in the fridge for 30 minutes and cover it with white fondant.
Paste the top of the cupcake on the bottom with a bit of buttercream. Put in the #1M pipe in the decorating bags and fill them with buttercream. Make a line of rosettes with one colour, starting at the bottom of the upper part. Repeat this until you’ve reached the top while you change colours for every line. Leave the cake in the fridge until further use in order for the buttercream to stiffen.