Easter cake with candy bark
Getting creative for Easter? FunCakes has the most delicious recipes! Bake a delicious Easter cake with buttercream, deco melts and all kinds of colorful sprinkles. This way you are sure to leave an impression during Easter brunch.
What you need to make your easter cake with candy bark:
- 330 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe
- 300 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- 200 g FunCakes Deco Melts Green
- 200 g FunCakes Deco Melts Yellow
- 200 g FunCakes Deco Melts Orange
- FunCakes Flavour Paste Lemon
- FunCakes Food Colour Gel Yellow
- FunCakes Sugar Decorations Carrots
- FunCakes Sugar Decorations Small Flowers
- FunCakes Confetti XL Pastel
- FunCakes Sugar Rods X Matt Green
- FunCakes Sugar Rods XL Matt Pink
- FunCakes Sugar Rods XL Matt White
- 375 g unsalted butter
- 5 eggs (approx. 250 g)
- 330 ml water
- Edible Flowers
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray
- FunCakes Decorating Bags
- Wilton Parchment paper
- 2x Wilton Decorator Preferred® Deep Baking Pan Round Ø 15x7.5cm
- Wilton Cooling Grid
- Wilton Cake Leveler 25cm
- Wilton Basic Turn Table
- Wiltom Comfort Grip Spatula Angled 22,5 cm
- Wilton Tip #1M Open Star
- PME Long Plastic Scraper
Prepare 330 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe according to the instructions on the packaging. Divide the batter between the baking pans and bake the cookies for about 30-35 minutes. Let them cool down by using a cooling grid.
Prepare 300 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream according to the instructions on the packaging. Flavor the buttercream with the lemon flavor paste and color it yellow with the colour gel.
Cut the cookies both 2 times with the cake leveler. Stack the layers on top of each other with buttercream in between and spread the cake outside with a thin layer of buttercream. Let this set well in the refrigerator.
Apply a second thicker layer of buttercream and pull it nicely taut with the side scraper. Again, let this set well in the refrigerator. Put the remaining buttercream in a piping bag with nozzle #1M. Pipe a nice border or tuft on top of the cake.
Melt the 3 colors of FunCakes Deco Melts according to the package directions and pour onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Go through it with a fork or spoon to blend the colors a bit. Immediately sprinkle the sugar rods, sugar decoration flowers/roots and the confetti on top. Place this in the refrigerator and let harden.
Break the Deco Melts into pieces and stick them to the cake like a mosaic. Put a few shots of the Deco Melts on the top of the cake and decorate with edible flowers.