Easter ball cake
Easter will be even more fun with this fun ball cake!
What you need to make easter ball cake:
- 150 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe
- 125 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- 250 g FunCakes Mix for Royal Icing
- FunCakes Flavour Paste -Passion Fruit-
- 250 g FunCakes Fondant -Pastel Green-
- 50 g FunCakes Fondant -Pastel Pink-
- 50 g FunCakes Fondant -Pastel Yellow-
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel – Leaf Green
- FunCakes Edible FunColours Gel – Brown
- FunCakes Confetti Spring
- FunCakes Marzipan Chicken and Egg
- 170 ml water
- 3 eggs (approx. 150 g)
- 150 g unsalted butter
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray
- FunCakes Disposable Decorating Bags
- FunCakes Icing Sugar
- Wilton Sports Ball Pan Set
- Wilton Chrome-Plated Cooling Grid
- Wilton Ultimate Cake Leveler
- Wilton Decorator Preferred Spatula Angled
- Wilton -Wide Glide- Rolling Pin 50cm
- Wilton Decorating Tip #233 Multi-open Carded
Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection oven 160°C).
Prepare 150 grams of FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake as indicated on the package. Grease the baking pans with Bake Release Spray, divide the sponge cake batter into the baking pan and bake de sponge cake for 30-35 minutes. Release it on a cooling grid after baking to make them cool down.
Prepare 125 grams of FunCakes Mix for Buttercream as indicated on the package and add the passion fruit flavour.
Cut the cake twice using de cake leveller and fill the layers with buttercream and stack them on each other. Lubricate the outside of the cake with a thin layer of buttercream to fill holes and get rid of any bumps.
Knead 250 grams of green fondant well and roll this out on a work surface covered with icing sugar and cover the cake with green fondant. Remove the remaining fondant and use a smoother to smoothen the edges. Use the remaining fondant to create small leaves. Roll the fondant into a drop shape, flat them a bit and fold them. Roll out the yellow and pink fondant and cut out squares, fold them double and roll them up. These are the small roses.
Lubricate the border of the cake with a bit of water and paste the confetti along the cake. Prepare 250 grams of FunCakes Mix for Royal Icing as indicated on the package, colour a large part green and a small piece brown. Put tip #233 in a decorating bag and fill it up with the green icing. Pipe grass along the cake and on top. Put the brown icing in a decorating bag with #233 pipe to make the nest and press the chicken and eggs in the nest. Carefully put the roses and leaves in the nest. Place some roses, chickens and eggs along the border.