Christmas tree cookies
How fun is it to hang your homemade cookies in the Christmas tree and grab a delicious Christmas cookie from there every now and then? With this recipe you can make your own delicious Christmas cookies! Super fun as an activity with the kids.
What you need to make your christmas tree cookies:
- 500 g FunCakes Mix for Gingerbread
- 250 g FunCakes Sugar Paste Chic Aubergine
- 250 g FunCakes Sugar Paste Rose White
- 250 g FunCakes Sugar Paste Mystic Turquoise
- 250 g FunCakes Sugar Paste Tropical Orange
- 250 g FunCakes Sugar Paste Vintage Purple
- FunCakes Edible Glitter Dust Ginger Gold
- FunCakes Magic Roll-Out Powder
- Sugarflair Rejuvenator Spirit Alcohol
- 60 ml water
- 60 g unsalted butter
- 1 egg (approx. 50 g)
- Apricot jelly
- Wilton Decorating Tip #004 Rond
- Wilton Rolling Pin 50 cm
- Wilton Parchment Paper
- Patisse Cookie Cutter Round Set/5
- Dekofee Profi Brush 1
- Karen Davies Silicone Mold - Christmas Balls
- Thin ribbon
Prepare 500 g FunCakes Mix for Gingerbread as indicated on the package. Wrap it in cling film and let it set for an hour in the refrigerator.
Knead the colours of Sugar Paste well smoothly and make several Christmas balls using the Karen Davies mold. Make a dye from the dust and rejuvenator and decorate the baubles with it. Using the narrow side of decorating tip #004, poke a hole in the top of the hanging part of the bauble.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection oven 160°C) and line a baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper.
Knead the cookie dough from the fridge well smoothly and roll it out to a thickness of about 2-3 mm on a work surface dusted with FunCakes Magic Roll-Out Powder. Cut out rounds slightly larger than the sugar paste decorations you made. Using the narrow side of the #004 decorating tip, poke a hole in these. Bake the cookies for about 8-13 minutes until crispy (depending on the thickness of the cookie). After baking, let them cool flat on the countertop.
Coat the cookies with a thin layer of apricot jelly and stick the sugar paste decoration on top. Make sure the holes of the cookie and the sugar paste line up. If necessary, paint the edges of the cookies gold. Pass a pretty ribbon through the holes and hang them in the tree.