Is modelling a bridge too far? Go for these flat pandas first! Also fun to try with kids.
What you need to make panda cupcakes:
- 500 g FunCakes Mix for Cupcakes
- 150 g FunCakes Mix for Enchanted Cream®
- 300 g FunCakes Fondant -Bright White-
- 100 g FunCakes Fondant -Raven Black-
- Small piece of FunCakes Fondant -Pretty Pink-
- FunCakes Sugarpearls -Shiny White-
- FunCakes Edible Glue
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 5 eggs (approx. 250 g)
- 100 ml water
- 100 ml milk
- FunCakes Baking Cups - Black
- FunCakes Magic Roll-Out Powder
- FunCakes Disposable Decorating Bags
- Wilton Recipe Right® Muffin Pan
- Wilton -Perfect Height- Rolling Pin 22,5cm
- Wilton Decorating Tip #1M Open Star Carded
- Wilton Chrome-Plated Cooling Grid
- PME Modelling tools set/8
- PME Modelling tools, Cutting Wheels
- Round Cutter Ø 1 cm
- Round Cutter Ø 6-7 cm
Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection oven 160°C).
Prepare 250 grams of FunCakes Mix for Cupcakes as indicated on the package. Place the baking cups in the muffin pan and divide the batter into the baking cups to half fill the cups. Bake the cakes for 18-20 minutes until golden yellow and take them out of the muffin pan. Let them cool down completely on the kitchen counter.
Knead 250 grams of white fondant well and roll it out on a with Magic Roll-Out Powder covered working surface to a thickness of 2-3 mm. Cut out 20-24 rounds of 6-7 cm. Knead the black fondant until it’s smooth and cut out small rounds of 1 cm for the eyes and ears. Take a knife out of the modelling set and cut off a small piece of the rounds for the ears. For the eyes you use the cutting wheel to make the rounds slightly more oval. Press with the ball tool into the black eyes and glue a white pearl in the little dent you’ve just created. Then glue a set of ears and eyes onto each white disc. Make a ball for the nose with a small piece of black fondant and glue it on. Take the tool with the half-moon shape to create the mouth. Knead a small piece of pink fondant until it’s smooth and make a few bows, which you glue on several heads. Allow it to dry by air.
Prepare 150 grams of FunCakes Mix for Enchanted Cream® as described on the package and put it in a decorating bag with tip #1M. Pipe rosettes on the cupcakes and place a panda head on top of them.
Tip! Go for an entire panda sweet table with our related recipes.