Christmas tree cake
- 330 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake
- 400 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- FunCakes Flavour Paste Pomegranate
- 25 g FunCakes Fondant Bright White
- FunCakes Sugarpearls 4mm Shiny White
- FunCakes Sugarpaste Snowflakes Pearl White
- FunCakes FunColours Paste Christmas Red
- 33 ml water
- 5 eggs (approx. 250 g)
- 500 g unsalted butter
- 400 ml water
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray
- FunCakes Decorating Bags
- Wilton Wonder Mold kit
- Wilton -Wide Glide- Rolling Pin
- PME Snowflake Plunger Cutter
- Cookie Cutter Star 7 cm
Roll out 25 grams of fondant and cut out one big star and several smaller stars.
Tip! Make the stars a day or two in advance so that the stars can dry.
Preheat the oven on 180°C (convection oven 160°C).
Prepare 330 grams of FunCakes Mix voor Sponge Cake as indicated on the package. Lubricate the baking pan with the baking spray. Fill the baking pan with the batter and bake the cake in approx. 35 – 40 minutes. Don’t open the oven in between! The cake is ready when it feels springy to the touch. Release the cake immediately after baking and let it cool down on a cake grid.
Prepare 400 grams of FunCakes Mix for Buttercream as indicated on the package, add as much pomegranate flavouring to the buttercream as you wish and colour the cream red using the red colouring paste.
Cut the sponge cake twice and fill it with a layer of buttercream. Also cover the outside of the cake with a thin layer of buttercream and let it rest in the fridge for a bit.
Fill a decorating bag with tip #1M with the rest of the buttercream and pipe swirls on the sponge cake.
Decorate the cake with the small and big stars, white pearls and finish the cake by putting the dried big star on top.