Christmas cupcakes with car cookies
These festive cupcakes will instantly bring out the Christmas spirit in you. Decorate them with sugar paste, cookies and sprinkles, take them to the office or eat them for dessert at Christmas dinner. Also fun to make it a cozy baking afternoon by letting your children help.
What you need to make your christmas cupcakes with car cookies:
- 500 g FunCakes Mix for Cookies
- 500 g FunCakes Mix for Cupcakes
- 225 g FunCakes Mix for Royal Icing
- 200 g FunCakes Mix for Enchanted Cream®
- FunCakes Christmas Mix
- FunCakes Sugar Paste Multipack Earth Colours
- 400 g soft unsalted butter
- 6 eggs (approx. 300 g)
- 227 ml water
- FunCakes Decorating Bags 30 cm
- Wilton Recipe Right® Muffin Baking Pan 12 cupcakes
- Wilton Decorating Tips #1M Open Star
- Wilton Decorating Tips #002 Round
- Wilton Rolling Pin with Rings 22,5cm
- Wilton Parchment Paper Roll
- House of Marie Baking Cups Craft
- Cookie Cutter Car 5,5 cm
- Cookie Cutter Ring Ø 5 cm
- ScrapCooking Cookie Stamp with Customizable Pad
- Cling film
Roll out the colours of sugar paste thinly, cut out rounds and press a text into them with the stamps. Leave to dry for a few hours, ideally make these a day before.
Preheat the oven to 180 °C (convection oven 160°C).
Prepare 500 g FunCakes Mix for Cookies as indicated on the package. Wrap the dough in cling film and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
After cooling, roll out the cookie dough on a floured work surface to a thickness of about 2-3 mm and cut out little cars. Place these on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until light brown. Let them cool flat on the countertop.
Prepare the 225 g FunCakes Mix for Royal Icing with 27 ml water as indicated on the packaging and put it in a decorating bag with nozzle #002. Decorate the car biscuits with this and leave to dry for a while.
Prepare 500 g FunCakes Mix for Cupcakes as indicated on the packaging. Divide the baking cups over the muffin pan and put the batter in the baking cups. Bake the cupcakes in the oven for about 18-22 minutes until light brown and cooked. If necessary, bake in two parts if you have any batter left over. Let the cupcakes cool completely.
Prepare 200 g FunCakes Mix for Enchanted Cream® with 200 ml water as indicated on the packaging and put it in a decorating bag with #1M. This ratio gives a slightly firmer cream.
Pipe nice rosettes on the cupcakes and decorate them with the Christmas sprinkles, the car cookies and the sugar paste text tiles.