Pink fault line cake
Spotted the fault line cake recipes and wanted to give it a try? Then this pink fault line cake recipe is perfect for you. Give it your favorite colours, add some sprinkles in de middle and decorate the top with some Enchanted Cream®
What you need to make your pink fault line cake:
- 500 g FunCakes Mix for Red Velvet Cake
- 300 g FunCakes Mix for Enchanted Cream®
- FunCakes Sprinkle Medley Pretty Sweet
- FunCakes Metallic Sugar Rods XL Yellow Gold
- FunCakes Food Colour Gel Honey Gold
- FunCakes Food Colour Gel Pink
- FunCakes Edible Paint Dark Gold
- 300 ml milk
- 200 ml water
- 100 g plant based oil
- 3 eggs (approx. 150 g)
- FunCakes Decorating Bags
- 2x Wilton Decorator Preferred® Deep Baking Pan Round Ø 15x7,5cm
- Wilton Cooling Grid
- Wilton Small Cake Leveler -25cm-
- Wilton Turntable
- Wilton Tip #1M Open Star
- Wilton Plastic Dowel Sticks set/4
- Wilton Comfort Grip Spatula Angled 22,5 cm
- Dekofee Profi Pensil 1
- Patisse Cake Edge Side Scraper 20cm
Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection oven 160°C) and grease the baking pans with baking spray.
Prepare 500 g FunCakes Mix for Red Velvet Cake as indicated on the package and divide evenly between the 2 baking pans. Bake the red velvet cakes for about 30-35 minutes, put them onto a cooling grid and let it cool down.
Prepare 300 g FunCakes Mix for Enchanted Cream® as directed on the package. Color 2/3 of the cream with the Food Colour Gel Pink and 1/3 with the Food Colour Gel Honey Gold.
Cut the red velvet cakes both 2x with the cake cutter, fill and stack on top of each other with a thin layer of pink Enchanted Cream®. From top to bottom, push 2 dowels into the cakes and cut to size. Coat the entire outside of the cake with a very thin layer of pink Enchanted Cream®.
Make a mixture of the 2 different sprinkles and gently press it by hand against the center of the cake. Spread on top and above and below the edge with sprinkles a thick layer of pink Enchanted Cream®, put the cake on the turntable and pull the cake tight using the side scraper.
Put the Honey Gold cream in a decorating bag with tip #1M and swirl nice tufts on top of the cake. Sprinkle your mixed sprinkles over this. Paint the edges of the fault line with the FunCakes Edible Paint Dark Gold.