Honey gold cake with sugar paste hearts
We often bake cake to celebrate a moment of love. Use the Sugar Paste Honey Gold to give your cake an extra layer of love. Also use the other colours from the Sugar Paste Colour of the Year 2023 range to completely decorate your cake with hearts.
What you need to make your honey gold cake with sugar paste hearts:
- 800 g FunCakes Sugar Paste Honey Gold
- 400 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream
- 330 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe
- 125 g FunCakes Sugar Paste Teal Blue
- 125 g FunCakes Sugar Paste Old Rose
- 125 g FunCakes Sugar Paste Red Earth
- 125 g FunCakes Sugar Paste Urban Taupe
- FunCakes Flavour Paste Mascarpone Cream
- FunCakes Food Colour Gel Red
- FunCakes Food Colour Gel Bright Green
- FunCakes Food Colour Gel Holly Green
- FunCakes Food Colour Gel Royal Blue
- FunCakes Food Colour Gel Yellow
- FunCakes Sparkle Dust Ruby
- FunCakes Edible Glue
- 500 g soft unsalted butter
- 400 ml water + 30 ml water
- 5 eggs (approx. 250 g)
- Jam of your choice
- FunCakes Decorationg Bags 46 cm
- FunCakes Bake Release Spray
- 2 x Wilton Decorator Preferred® Deep Round Pan Ø 15x7,5 cm
- Wilton Cake Leveler 25 cm
- Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick Cooling Grid - 40x25 cm
- Wilton Rolling Pin 50 cm
- Wilton Decorating Tip #4B Open Star
- Wilton Dusting Brush
- PME Heart Cutters
- Katy Sue Mould Cake System Rope Border
Knead all the colours of sugar paste well, roll it out very thin and cut out hearts. Give a small cut in the middle and place the hearts in an M-folded paper to dry.
Ideally, you should do this 1-2 days before so they are thoroughly dry when you are going to use them.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (hot air oven 160°C) and grease the baking pan with FunCakes Bake Release Spray.
Prepare 400 g FunCakes Mix for Buttercream as indicated on the package and set aside. Also prepare the 330 g FunCakes Mix for Sponge Cake Deluxe as indicated on the package and divide between the two baking pans. Bake the sponge cake for 30-35 minutes until cooked and, after baking, immediately dump onto a cooling grid to cool.
Finish the buttercream as indicated on the package and season with the flavour paste.
Cut both sponge cakes with the cake leveler twice. Use the bottom of both sponge cakes to start and end with for a nice tight finish.
Fill the layers with buttercream and jam of your choice. Spread the outside thinly with a layer of buttercream and let it set in the fridge. After this, spread the cake with butter cream again and let it set in the fridge.
Knead the FunCakes Sugar Paste Honey Gold well and roll it out into an oblong piece, line the side of the cake with it and cut away the excess. Knead the remaining sugar paste well again, roll it out into a round piece and line the top of the cake with it.
Use the leftover sugar paste to make the decorative rope border and glue this along the bottom edge of the cake with some edible glue.
Colour the leftover buttercream with all the colour gels together to the colour of the fondant. Put the buttercream in a decorating bag with #4B and pipe nice tufts on top of the cake. Carefully powder the blackberries with the FunCakes Sparkle Dust Ruby and place them on top of the tufts.
Put some buttercream in a new decorating bag and cut off a small tip. Use this to stick the hearts against the side of the cake and leave to set in the fridge.